The Biblioteca Capitolare, the ancient Chapter Library of Verona, reopened to the public on Saturday, 6 June 2020, after the long closure due to the COVID-19 health emergency.
Below you can find the security measures which have to be taken in order to access the Biblioteca Capitolare:
- Before entering, visitors’ body temperature will be measured with a thermo-scanner, and visitors will have to disinfect their hands with a sanitizing gel
- Access to the Library will be allowed only to visitors wearing a safety mask, which must be worn throughout the entire visit.
- At the entrance and in the exhibition hall, it will be necessary to maintain a distance of at least1 meter from other visitors, and to follow the safety regulations displayed in the hall.
- The library will have a limited capacity in order to comply with social distancing requirements to ensure the safety of visitors. Tickets must be reserved by phone at +39 331 594 6961 or by e-mail at email@example.com
The Biblioteca Capitolare can be visited through:
- Guided tours
The English tour is held every Friday at 11.00 a.m.
Full fare: 10.00 €
Reduced ticket (up to and including 14 years of age): 5.00 €
Free entry for children under the age of 10 accompanied by a paying adult.
Tickets must be reserved at least one day in advance.
- Smart Tour
On Saturday and Sunday from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (last admission: 3:00 p.m.)
Full fare: 5 €
Free entry for children under the age of 14 accompanied by a paying adult.
Please note that the library will be closed from 22 December 2020 to 6 January 2021.
- Guided Tour
The guided tour (which lasts around 1 hour and a half) takes place in the “Arcidiacono Pacifico” Hall. It includes a guided tour of the current exhibition, including some of the precious manuscripts and printed texts from the Library’s collections.
In the hall, you can also visit the small frescoed chapel depicting scenes from the life of Pacifico and dedicated to Mary “Sedes Sapientiae”
– We recommend that visitors be at the Library entrance (Piazza Duomo, 19) at least fifteen minutes before the start of the booked tour.
– Visitors are kindly requested to maintain safety distances: signs indicating the correct distance are posted inside the hall, and the chairs are positioned so as to ensure the minimum safety distance (1 meter in each direction).
– The guided tour starts with a digital presentation (about one hour long), which provides visitors with a first “on screen” glimpse of the books on display, in complete safety.
– After the explanation, visitors can follow the signs to the original manuscripts and printed texts which can be viewed behind showcases, and other details of the Library’s hall (about 30 minutes).
- Smart Tour
Visit the Biblioteca Capitolare (Arcidiacono Pacifico Hall, the frescoed chapel and the current exhibition) independently.
You can discover the library’s history and the current exhibition through a video available in 5 languages (Italian, English, German, French and Spanish) and through museum labels in English language.
For the guided tour tickets must be reserved at least one day in advance
– by the online reservation system
– by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– by phone: +39 331 594 6961
Tickets can be collected directly at the Library (Piazza Duomo, 19 – Verona), just before the visit. We advise arriving 15 minutes in advance to collect them.
Visitors’ personal data will be processed and stored for the time strictly necessary for purposes connected to the COVID-19 health emergency (see Information on the processing of personal data).